A Relaxed, intimate river safari experience
With only a small number of guests per boat staying in one of the three Chobe Princesses is like being on your very own houseboat. The entire boat can also be booked exclusively, giving you your very own private villa on the water. As you drift down the Chobe River and spot incredible wildlife scenes, you’ll be able to completely relax in an intimate river safari experience.
Each houseboat has a minimum of three smaller boats for use on daily excursions that take your fancy: mark off over 450 bird species found in this wetland paradise, try your hand at landing a tiger fish, or capture Africa’s unique beauty on a photographic safari. Whatever you choose to do, your day trips will be personal and flexible because you’ll be sharing the tender boats with a small number of guests.
Each cabin on board the Chobe Princesses is tastefully decorated in a contemporary style, and each has its own private view onto the ever-changing landscapes beyond. On the upper entertainment deck, a spacious lounge and bar area encourages you to take time out while there’s also a plunge pool that’s perfect for a refreshing dip.
Day 1 – Boarding
Upon arrival at Kasane airport, you will be met by the friendly crew who will help with your luggage and transfer you to the Kasane Immigration Office (KIO), help with formalities at passport control as you exit Botswana. You’ll then be transferred by a smaller tender boat with a staff member to the Namibian Immigration Office, and thereafter you are transferred to the Chobe Princess. Depending on the time, a buffet lunch or snacks are served on board followed by a welcome and safety briefing. The afternoon is spent cruising on the river on the main vessel and a 3-course dinner will be served along with an excellent choice of wines.
Day 2 – Game viewing
After breakfast, choose between water-based game viewing on a tender boat, fishing, bird watching, or visiting a local Namibian village. For the more adventurous beings. Enjoy a walking tour to an over 2000-year-old baobab tree one of the rare trees in the world. Return to the boat and enjoy lunch on board spotting wild animals and have time spent relaxing at the pool deck sipping a cocktail. Enjoy a water-based safari or fishing in the afternoon and return in the evening for dinner complete with traditional singing and dancing.
Day 3 – Leisure
A day of leisure to enjoy the delights of the Chobe Princess. After a breakfast, enjoy a water-based river safari by tender boat, a village or walking tour, go bird watching or fishing for tiger fish or bream. Return for lunch on board and some relaxation time before the afternoon activities start.
Day 4 – Departure
Enjoy a morning cruise during breakfast as you do your last bit of animal spotting. Depending on your travel arrangements, you will disembark the Chobe Princes. Staff will once again assist with luggage and the immigration process from Namibia into Botswana and a boat transfer will take you between the respective immigration offices.
January – December (Set Departure Dates)
Rates per person per night (min 2/3 nights)
|Rates on Request|
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently. Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice.
- Scheduled departure dates contact our Safari Experts for available dates
- Single supplements may apply.
- Request a quote or speak to one of our Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.
- Accommodation, all meals, soft drinks, mineral water, coffee tea and
local beer & wine
- Guided water-based game viewing and birding
- Guided water-based fishing (all fishing is strictly catch and release)*
- Guided (non-professional) water-based photographic safari**
- Guided cultural tour of a local village
- Road transfers to and from Kasane International Airport and Kasane Immigration Office located on the Botswana side of the Chobe River*
- Boat transfers between Kasane Immigration Office and Namibia Immigration Office located on the Namibian side of the Chobe River
**SADC passport holders special rates available on request**
- Community development levy (per person per night). The funds collected will supplement our community projects and initiatives run by the Zambezi Queen Collection to assist with education,
health care and basic community services
- Air tickets & visa fees, additional transfers to/from Zambia, Zimbabwe and Namibia or any of the nearby Kasane lodges
- Premium alcoholic beverages (such as sparkling wine, spirits & dessert wines), curio store purchases and gratuities (discretionary)
- A land-based 4×4 game drive in Botswana’s Chobe National Park