What you can expect on your tour
This 7 day tour takes you to South Africa’s most favoured destinations where you get to enjoy the best wines and game. Cape Winelands & Garden Route Tour can be enjoyed as a group or family with or without a guide.
- Paarl Valley Wine Tours
- Chocolate and wine pairings
- The Big Seven Safari oh yes Seven
Day 1-3 Welcome to Cape Winelands
The second-largest wine region in the country, there’s more to Paarl than the famous Taal Monument… With different wine farms around, famous for chenin blancs and reds (these grapes grow beautifully in the region’s hot climate), take a walk on the wild side and enjoy the sauvignon blanc and chardonnay purists and appreciate the prowess of winemakers in the area; some taking bold risks with lesser-known grapes; some sticking to tradition and producing world-class single varietals. Don’t forget the chocolate and wine paring.
Wine aside, expect to find picnic spots with breathtaking views, family-friendly mountain-biking trails, mouth-watering food-and-wine pairings.
Your accommodation is at Pearl Valley Hotel by Mantis, a luxury establishment on the award-winning Val de Vie Estate, situated in the picturesque Paarl-Franschhoek Valley. Situated approximately 1 hours’ drive from Cape Town International Airport and only a short distance away from many of South Africa’s most renowned wine estates and restaurants, the hotel is easily accessible.
Day 3 – 5 Oudtshoorn
After breakfast make your way towards the Garden Route. Take a few detours to enjoy the scenery. Bufflesdrift Game Lodge offers a unique South African bushveld vacation. With a variety of activities on offer from spending the day at the spa, bush safaris, Elephant Experience, Lion experiences, Meerkat Safaris and not forgetting Roaming Cheetah Experience.
With the Swartberg mountains as backdrop and a magnificent waterhole at your doorstep, it’s the closest you’ll get to the wild of the Klein Karoo and true African accommodation.
Day 5- 7 Shamwari Private Game Reserve
Say goodbye to Oudtshoorn and head towards the world-renowned Shamwari Private Game. An Eco Escape is Mantis Founders Lodge and the Gateway to the Big Seven Safari. The coast of Port Elizabeth is home to mega dolphin pods and was named the Bottlenose Dolphin Capital of the world. You can see whales all-year-round. Enjoy full access to Big Five game viewing on the 20 000-hectare reserve as well as intimate bushwalks in the 400-hectare Founder’s concession. Enjoy daily morning and evening game drives, the trained guides will make nature come to life, whilst sharing the intricacies of the history, fauna, and flora of the Eastern Cape with you. If you are a birder or a keen wildlife photographer or both, the experienced guides will make the most of your experience.
Day 7 Departure
Port Elizabeth Airport is only an hour which gives time to take a detour into Either Addo Elephant National park for Game drive OR Amakhala Game Reserve.
Your Cape Winelands & Garden Route ends at Port Elizabeth Airport!!!!!
NB: Tour can be experienced in Reverse from Cape Town – Mantis Founders Lodge – Bufflesdrift Lodge – Mantis Pearl Valley- Cape Town
- 24-hour Security
- Activity Desk
- Communal Dining
- Conference Centre
- Internet Access (Complimentary)
- Kiddies Club
- Laundry Service (Available)
- Malaria Free
- Secure Parking
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi
- Individual safe
- Mini bar
- Nespresso® coffee machine (Charges apply.)
- Separate shower and bathtub
- Smart TV with satellite channels
|Rates on Request||Self Drive||ZAR 29 500|
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently. Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice.
- Children under 12 years Stay and Eat Free only pay for taxes
- Single supplements may apply.
- Request a quote or speak to one of our Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.
Mantis Pearl Valley
- Inclusive of accommodation, breakfast, Wi-Fi and parking. Any additional expenses to be settled upon departure
Bufflesdrift Game Lodge
- Afternoon: Lunch (arrival before 12h00) Afternoon Bush safari (2hr), Dinner, Accommodation, Breakfast, choose 2 Activities: Cango Caves / Cango Ostrich Farm / Cango Wildlife Ranch / Wine Tasting, Lunch, Elephant Feeding Experience, Dinner, Accommodation, Morning Bush Safari (2hr), Breakfast
Mantis Founders Lodge
- Inclusive of accommodation, all meals, two game drives per day and selected local beverages. Any additional expenses to be settled upon departure
- Inter- Lodge Transfers
- Local Flights (PLZ- CPT)
- Items of a Personal Nature
- Travel insurance