In a wide valley sometimes flush with grass, Desert Rhino Camp lies in the midst of the enormous Palmwag Concession, where trackers patrol and protect one of the largest free-ranging populations of the Endangered desert-adapted rhino in Africa.
Rhino tracking on foot and by vehicle with these dedicated men is an original and exclusive wilderness experience; others include exploring the area on full-day outings, nature drives and walks.
Desert Rhino Camp is run in conjunction with the local community and Save the Rhino Trust, so, in addition to guests gaining amazing insight into the ecology and conservation of this area, a portion of their revenue goes to the Trust and its conservation operations.
Unique Selling Points
- Best location for viewing unique desert-adapted black rhino
- Guests experience rhino conservation and a genuine conservation partnership
- Stark, beautiful and remote, with desert-adapted wildlife and special plants like welwitschia
- Private Vehicle Available
- Electrical Outlets
- Internet Access (Complimentary)
- Laundry Service (Complimentary)
- Mosquito Nets
- Tea / Coffee
- Credit Card
Activities on Site
- Bird Watching
- Game Drives
- Night Drives
- Rhino Tracking
- Walks (Guided)
There are eight standard tents which are made up of six twin bedded tents and two double bedded tents. There is one twin guide/pilot room which smaller than a standard tent.
|20 Dec 2020 – 5 Jan 2021||Fully Inclusive||ZAR 9 263|
|11 Jan – 31 Mar 2021||Fully Inclusive||ZAR 6 004|
|1 Apr – 31 May 2021||Fully Inclusive||ZAR 8 386|
|1 Jun – 31 Oct 2021||Fully Inclusive||ZAR 11 903|
|1 Nov – 19 Dec 2021||Fully Inclusive||ZAR 6 992|
|20 Dec 2021 – 05 Jan 2022||Fully Inclusive||ZAR 9 910|
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently. Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice.
- Single supplements may apply.
- Request a quote or speak to one of our Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.
Fully Inclusive (all meals and local drinks – excludes premium imported brands and champagne twice daily scheduled camp activities, park fees, laundry, Namibian VAT & Tourism Levy)
Premium brand drinks, gratuities and fully comprehensive personal travel insurance is not included in the price.