• Discover the southern region of the Pearl of Africa optimizing the transfer times • Fly to/from Kisoro with daily departures and no minimum of participants • Unforgettable encounter with the Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park • Meet, explore and learn from the local communities • Support sustainable tourism initiatives Specially created for: • Nature lovers • Safari aficionados • Walking enthusiasts • Adventure travellers
Day 1: Arrival in Entebbe & Mabamba Swamps
Arrival in Entebbe as per your international flights and transfer to Papyrus Guest House. Optional Extra: In the afternoon departure by car and local canoe to Mabamba Swamp, one of the best places for spotting the rare shoebill storks. Of course some fortune is needed but rarely does one leave the swamp without seeing one! Many other water birds have chosen this area as their home so birding is always very interesting. Enjoy a relaxing sundowner on Lake Victoria and then return to the Guest House. • Accommodation: Papyrus Guest House (Garden room) • Meal Plan: Bed & Breakfast basis; Lunch & Dinner on own’s account
Day 2: AeroLink Flight to Kisoro, hike and canoe across Lake Mutanda
After an early breakfast, transfer to Entebbe International Airport for the AeroLink flight to Kisoro across central Uganda and offering a view of the country beautiful landscape of mountains, hills, cultivated terraces, tropical rainforest, bamboo forests and the majestic chain of the Virunga Volcanoes. Upon arrival meeting with the vehicle and our walking safari guide for a briefing on the very interesting activities of the day which will be adapted to the clients’ desires. You can either walk for approx. 90 minutes – 4km to Lake Mutanda Sheba’s Camp – or drive 30 minutes to the lake. You then “settle” in a dugout canoe for 2-3 hours of gentle relaxed cruising across the lake, enjoying the beautiful landscape. After lunch at a restaurant on the lake shores, continuation on foot till Rubuguri (9km – 2/3 hours) where you meet up the vehicle and drive for another 10 km up to the Lodge in Nkuringo (approx 1 hour). Of course you can also be picked up by the vehicle at the lake and drive all the way up to the Lodge. Guests decide! • Accommodation: Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge (Private Cottage) • Meal Plan: Full Board AeroLink flight schedule Entebbe – Kisoro (to be reconfirmed at the time of reservation):
Day 3: Gorilla tracking
After breakfast, with packed lunch and drinking water you will be transferred to the National Park Head Quarters for the briefing on the dos and the don’ts while with the gorillas. You then continue to the forest for the start of the actual gorilla tracking. The beauty of this rain forest is spectacular. The area offers a dramatic, steeply forested landscape and is incredibly dense, but crisscrossed by numerous animal trails allowing access to tourists. The time taken and the terrain vary as per the movements of these great primates. The thrill of spending time observing these gentle and endangered giants is an awesome, exciting experience to be long savoured. Many find it to be a rare and moving opportunity. The tracking can take place at Nkuringo or at Rushaga (1 hr drive from Nkuringo), as per the gorilla permits obtained. Upon return, relax at the lodge and, for those who like, at 5.00 pm either stroll through the community center or drive up to the “Top of the World” – the name given to the football field, high up in Nkuringo which offers amazing views over the peaks and forests around Nkuringo. A great way to stretch your legs after the gorilla tracking and to enjoy a sundowner. • Accommodation: Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge (Private Cottage) • Meal Plan: Full Board
Day 4: Community tour, Nombe and Buniga Forests (encounter with the Batwa)
This morning after a hearty breakfast, enjoy birding in Nombe Pocket Forest – it was part of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park and it is still quite impenetrable, however it was cut off from it as people needed more land to live on and cultivate. It can be reached on foot (approx. 1 hour to go and 2 hours to come back) or by vehicle and the visit lasts approx. 2 hours, depending on the interest of guests. Lunch at the lodge and at 2.00 pm departure to Buniga Forest Trail Walk, an informative project run by USAID and the local Batwa community. The Batwa tribe was forced to leave their home in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park in 1991 when it was declared a UNESCO Heritage site for gorillas only. They had been living in the forest as nomadic hunter-gatherers for millennia, in perfect balance with the flora and fauna around. Moving out and suddenly living in communities with a completely different way of life has proven to be a huge challenge. They now survive as best as they can and earn a living explaining their previous life in the forest and their rich heritage. Continuation of the walk through the community to visit the traditional herbalist and the black smith. • Accommodation: Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge (Private Cottage) • Meal Plan: Full Board
Day 5: AeroLink flight to Entebbe
Early breakfast and transfer to Kisoro Airstrip for your morning AeroLink flight to Entebbe. End of services. Depending on your departure flight either enjoy day room/overnight at Papyrus Guest House or wait for your departure flight at the Airport. • Meal Plan: Breakfast; Lunch & Dinner on own’s account
January – December
|01 Jan – 29 Feb 2021||US$ 1 995|
|01 Mar – 31 May 2021||US$ 1 748|
|01 Jun – 30 Sep 2021||US$ 1 995|
|01 Oct – 30 Nov 2021||US$ 1 748|
|01 Dec – 31 Dec 2021||US$ 1 995|
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently. Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice.
- Single supplements may apply.
- Request a quote or speak to one of our Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.
• Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge for 3 nights in full board (Private Cottage) • Papyrus Guest House for 1 night on Bed & Breakfast basis (Garden Room) • Lunch on Lake Mutanda on day 2 • Snacks for the sundowner on day 3 • Drinking water in the vehicle (1 liter per person per day) and while at Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge • All the excursions and activities indicated in the itinerary (canoe ride, walks etc) under the supervision of an experienced English-speaking Walking Guide • Support of a private 4×4 vehicle with experienced English-speaking driver-guide, from the morning of day 2 to the morning of day 5 (6 seater) • Transfers in Entebbe and Kisoro-Nkuringo-Kisoro • Wi-Fi (in main areas of the Guest House and Lodge) • AMREF Evacuation Insurance cover • Government taxes
• 1 Gorilla tracking permit per person, Park/Forest Fees and Batwa Fees • Return AeroLink Flight Entebbe – Kisoro, to be reconfirmed at the time of booking • Excursion to Lake Victoria and Mabamba Swamps on Day 1 • All drinks, including the drinks for the sundowner on Day 3 • Uganda Entry Visa fee • International air flights • Any optional activity not indicated in above program • Laundry Services • Gratuities and Tips • Day-room use at Papyrus Guest House on Day 5 • Baggage – there is a maximum allowance of 15kg per person, excess baggage is subject to space availability at an extra cost
2021 – 1 Gorilla tracking permit per person, Park/Forest Fees and Batwa Fees (US$740 pp)