Solio Lodge is located on the Solio Reserve, which is part of a private ranch and is home to a diverse population of wildlife, including both black and white rhino. Solio Game Reserve is internationally recognised as the most successful private rhino breeding reserve in Kenya. The reserve is now home to both black and white rhino, as well as numerous other species including buffalo, zebra, giraffe, lion, leopard, cheetah and plains game such as eland, oryx, impala, waterbuck, Thompson’s gazelle and warthog.
An array of activities are available and cater to all energy levels. Soaking in the magnificent beauty of Mount Kenya is definitely an option, but so is walking, mountain biking, trout fishing, horse riding and a 4×4 safari in the rhino sanctuary.
Solio lodge has just five cosy and luxurious rooms, each en-suite with large glass pane windows to take in the panoramic view of the landscape which is framed by Mount Kenya. You will find some of the best food in Kenya at Solio Lodge, freshly prepared from their own kitchen gardens. The wonderful cuisine can be enjoyed in the bush, on the deck overlooking a watering hole, in the main dining room, or privately in the comfort of your cottage.
- 24-hour Security
- Eco Friendly
- Malaria Free
- Balcony / Deck
- Dressing Gowns
- Hair Dryer
- Internet Access (Complimentary)
- Laundry Service (Complimentary)
- Lounge Area
- Credit Card
Activities on Site
- Game Drives
- Game Viewing
- Game Walks
- Helicopter Scenic Flights
- Horse Riding
Luxury Cottage has a private deck with panoramic views of the nearby hills and Mount Kenya in the distance. The cottage has a private lounge area with an open fire for cooler evenings, as well as a large en-suite bathroom with a double sink, bath and shower. Large windows allow for outstanding views of Mount Kenya and offer guests the opportunity to spot a rhino from their bed!
Solio’s fifth cottage is a family unit encompassing one twin cottage and one double cottage with a shared living area. The room has a private lounge area warmed by a corner fire, as well as large bathrooms with a double sink, bath and shower.
|01 Jun – 31 Oct 2021||Fully Inclusive||US$ 1 045|
|01 Nov – 15 Dec 2021||Fully Inclusive||US$ 770|
|16 Dec – 31 Dec 2021||Fully Inclusive||US$ 1 045|
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently. Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice.
- Single supplements may apply.
- Request a quote or speak to one of our Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.
- Airstrip transfers,
- game drives, excursions to the Aberdare National Park
- walking, local farm visit, horse riding, mountain biking,
- all meals, house wines, house soft drinks, house beers, house spirits,
- laundry, bush breakfasts and sundowners.
- Premium brand drinks, gratuities and fully comprehensive personal travel insurance is not included in the price and all items of a personal nature
- park fees,
- Champagne, luxury spirits, selected wines, tips, health insurance, scenic helicopter ride, massage treatments, entrance to the Aberdare National park, visit to Cinnabar Green and personal effects.