A 6 nights/7 days journey combining two of Kenya’s most exciting and wildlife-rich wildernesses. Experience the elegant and luxurious Supreme Saruni Samburu and Saruni Mara
Day 1 – Saruni Samburu
• Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, where a Saruni vehicle will transfer you to Wilson Airport for your flight to Samburu. • Depart Nairobi in the morning*, arriving at Samburu an hour later, where your Saruni Samburu guide will meet you and transfer you to the lodge, or take you on a game drive. • Afternoon game drive on Kalama Conservancy exploring over 200,000 acres of pristine wilderness in total privacy and sundowners with a breathtaking view.
Day 2 – Saruni Samburu
• Early morning game drive into Samburu National Reserve to seek out the ‘Samburu Special Five’: the reticulated giraffe, the Grevy zebra, the beisa oryx, the Somali ostrich and the gerenuk, all rare species that occur only in this part of the country, and look for its well known larger wildlife including elephants, lion and leopard. Enjoy a picnic lunch before heading back to the lodge to relax for the afternoon. • Enjoy a complimentary half hour Back & Neck massage upon arriving back at the lodge at the Samburu Wellbeing Space.
Day 3 – Saruni Samburu
• Continue to explore the wonders of Samburu with a morning game drive and after lunch possibly head out on a nature walk discovering animals, plants and the caves in the local area with rock paintings, led by your skillful and knowledgeable Samburu guides. • Evening game drive in Kalama Conservancy, the 200,000-acre private wildlife conservancy in which Saruni Samburu is located, ending with a bush dinner under the stars in the middle of the wilderness, and a night drive back to the lodge. The Samburu warriors dancing, candles and fire under the vast African skies, make this a truly magical experience, and one of the highlights of your stay.
Day 4 – Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild
• Depart Samburu on your flight in the morning* and arrive in the Masai Mara an hour and a half later. • Game drive with a picnic lunch to enjoy under an acacia tree or by the river next to a pod of hippos. Or head to Saruni Mara or Saruni Wild for some rest and an exclusive game drive later in the afternoon in Mara North Conservancy – over 30,000 acres of plentiful, protected land bordering the Masai Mara National Reserve. Enjoy a completely different and less-explored corner of the Mara ecosystem in total privacy, brimming with wildlife.
Day 5 – Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild • Early morning game drive to look for the big cats and other predators of the Mara, returning to the camp or lodge for lunch and treatments at the Maasai Wellbeing Space. • In the afternoon, a game drive will take you to a special area where the largest tower of giraffe can be seen, followed by dinner at the lodge or camp and an optional night game drive.
Day 6 – Saruni Mara / Saruni Wild • Walk through the valleys and plains surrounding Saruni Mara, accompanied by a vehicle, or a game drive up to the top of Kilileoni, the highest mountain in the Serengeti-Masai Mara ecosystem – led by your skillful and knowledgeable Maasai guides. • In the afternoon you will discover more of Mara North and its neighbouring conservancies and experience first-hand what makes the Mara one of the most exciting wildernesses in the world. • Weather permitting, experience a bush dinner in the middle of nature under the vast African sky, with Maasai warriors singing and dancing around the fire.
Day 7 – Departure
• Visit the rhino sanctuary on the way to the airstrip and once again admire the hippos and the crocodiles of the Mara River. • The flight back to Nairobi leaves the Mara at 11:00 AM and arrives in Nairobi at 12:20 PM. • Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport with Saruni driver and vehicle. Depending on the time of your international flight, stop at the Talisman or Carnivore restaurant for dinner
January -19 December
|01 Jan – 29 Feb 2021||US$ 5 150|
|01 Mar – 31 May 2021||US$ 4 150|
|01 Jun – 30 Jun 2021||US$ 5 150|
|01 Jul – 30 Sep 2021||US$ 5 950|
|01 Oct – 31 Oct 2021||US$ 5 150|
|01 Nov – 30 Nov 2021||US$ 4 150|
|01 Dec – 19 Dec 2021||US$ 5 150|
|20 Dec – 31 Dec 2021||Not Available|
Our rates are per person sharing unless we note differently. Please treat all pricing as a guide only:
- All rates are subject to availability and may change without notice.
- Single supplements may apply.
- Request a quote or speak to one of our Safari Experts for the best, most current rates available.
All-inclusive accommodation (Full board accommodation including soft drinks, beers, house wines and select non-luxury spirits), one complimentary Back & Neck massage (30 min.) per room per stay at our Wellbeing Space, airport assistance, temporary Flying Doctors cover, shared day & night game drives in 4×4 vehicles, guided bush walks, bush meals, sundowner & picnic excursions, limited laundry service, cultural visits transfers, all internal flights and return airstrip transfers, conservation fees, VAT & taxes.
Exclusive use of vehicle, premium drinks (champagne, luxury spirits and special wines), additional Wellbeing Space
treatments, any payable extra activities, entry fees to local cultural visits, childcare, transport & entry fees to Reteti
Elephant Sanctuary in Samburu (bookable in advance), transport & entry fees to the Masai Mara National Reserve in
the Mara, gratuities to staff & guides, own private guides & drivers, any payable extra services, anything of a personal
nature, international flights & visa fees, late departure fees, and all statutory increases beyond our control.